18 June 2014

Road After Road

Well, this time, I won't make use of "school" as an entire excuse for not attending to my blog for a very long time. March and April was, let's just say, full of thrills. It's wholly related to school, but with a twist; we thought we lost the very goal we aimed for, the very goal each student wants to achieve  to graduate with pride and dignity.


Experience-wise, it did help me realize a lot of things and one of it is never to submit myself to that kind of situation ever again. Half of us had to go through the harsh side of reality, the very kind that's difficult to predict. It was purely a day filled with fear, shivers, and tears. That very day where I don't want to hear nor remember even up to this point.

It's over and done with, so it's time to brush it off my mind and attract myself towards the positive side. 

On the last week of April, days after our graduation, until the second week of June, most of us were apparently stuck in Manila as temporary residents. Just like our glorious days as students, we had to sit the entire day in class, absorbing all informations we can from the lecture in preparation for the board examination. Hearing that word startles me, but I know God will help us, the gutsy batch, get through this.

Almost everything is difficult in Manila, especially the communication and transportation part. We had to adapt to the environment we're in, regardless of our endless nags. Whenever we go out of the condo, we deal with notorious drivers who don't seem to care about noise pollution, jeepney drivers who stop all of a sudden to pick up passengers anywhere they want, taxi drivers who don't honor "change", and dust infesting our light-colored shirts. That's nothing new in Manila, let alone those snatchers and undying fervor.


What made me feel in awe, though, is their highly urban cities that don't match with the usual vision we have of Manila. Those tall and well-lit buildings in Makati, "New York" feels in Bonifacio Global City, classy-looking Greenhills, and et cetera totally deviated me from the typical city vibes I encounter daily.


My not-so-short stay in Manila was, indeed, a fruitful one. Not only did I learn a lot from the review, I also get to see how to cook some meals I'm very poor at from my room mates who're good in cooking, realize how difficult independent living is, meet and greet few of my good online pals, and experience the poor service of this certain airline whose name I shall not mention.


I guess I have to end this post here since I've somehow managed to wrap everything in one post and that's a big yey for me.

Until then, Manila. Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment