11 February 2014

Let's Get Shrimpy at Bucket Shrimps

Of all seafoods I've tasted, it's shrimps I love the most. I can never really get over it, regardless of how it's cooked. Well, hearing about Bucket Shrimps made my esophagus go "oh lala" and that, I had to try their shrimps myself since I've been hearing good reviews about it.

A friend of mine invited me and her "scammers" friends for a pre-valentines date and some catching up. It's actually great to see these people again, especially after a long and stressful day. 

My front view
Luckily, there were only a few customers when we got there since it was still around 6 in the evening. While waiting for our orders, everyone had a great time catching up and joking around. (There's no WiFi, in case you're planning to go there.)

Now, for the most awaited part of the night:


We had Shrimps in Cajun sauce (Php. 350.00), Liempo Loco (Php. 130.00), and Chicken Wings (Php. 150.00). By the way, you have to make use of your hands in eating. Don't worry, they'll provide you a box of disposable gloves.

Sadly, the place failed to meet my expectations because of the following reasons: 1) The shrimps weren't that flavorful and juicy, 2) I was actually expecting for a bigger bucket, not a shallow-looking one, 3) I find the price a bit expensive when there's only a few of you, 4) The place is quite dim and humid. I don't know about you, but I'm very particular with lighting and ambiance.

Overall, I wasn't satisfied with their food. It was worth the try, but not worth coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment