23 December 2012

One Big Happy Family Night At Kumbira

After the scrumptious meal. 

"Cousins, no matter where they are, will always be a part of you. They tease you, bring out the craziness in you, and show you the real meaning of happiness. Past, present, and even future, they'll always be your super friends; incomparable, irreplaceable, that's just how real bond works."

I thank the Lord each day for giving me the best cousins in the world. I can't afford to exchange them over material things and wild parties (which isn't my favorite thing to do. Loud music, irritable smell of liquors and cigarettes, drunk people - just not my definition of 'fun'). They're the wackiest people I know in this planet. Looks, money, social life - it's not their thing at all, which is awesome because I like mingling with people who opt to keep their life simple, yet jovial.

Located right beside Pino.

Two of my cousins just arrived from Canada today! It's been exactly three years since the last time I've seen them in person. They were so young back then... or we, to be exact. The older one was bigger and the younger was cute, petite, and talkative. Now, things have turned the other way around. The older lost several pounds and the younger one appeared taller and lean + became the silent-type. Such a shocking transformation, indeed.

And as promised, we had our blow-out in this Spanish-Filipino cuisine, Kumbira. It's an ordinary-looking restaurant with native-inspired interior. What makes this restaurant a bit catchy for me is their way of keeping their customers feel at ease with their widely opened facade. (In case you haven't noticed, I've used the word 'their' thrice in a sentence. Just saying, haha.)


Most of the customers inside were actually Koreans. I'm glad they appreciated our very own cuisine (Filipino cuisine), just like how most people here appreciate their culture and drama series. 

This may be one of the reasons why people never had the interest to check this place out. They probably thought of this place as a pineapple market, hahaha.Overall, I had a fun night with them. Thanks to my dearest cousin for treating us. It was indeed a blessed night for each one of us. Regarding with their food, they have the best fried chicken and pork sisig in this planet (so far)! Everything served on the table was very scrumptious, but we had to wait  for 30 minutes or more before we get to enjoy our order. Here's my say: They have the slowest service, yet the best food in town. I hope they'll do something about their slow service as soon as possible. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment