11 October 2012

Cadi Shack Plus Sprockets Café

First and foremost, I'd like to brag (haha) about my blog's modified layout. Blogspot's HTML stylesheet sure is an agonizing one. It took me weeks to assess myself which codes must be placed/edited/etc. to achieve my initial plan for my blog's total make-over. Anyway, this was the result in my three (3) hours of doing the trial and error process.

Modified layout. 10th of October 2012.

So, what can you say about my blog's new look?

Now, for the main topic:

Today's second day of driving lessons went well, but still sure is a pain in the butt. I was too aggressive with my driving today. Heck, I stomped on the accelerator even when my proctor told me to stop just so I won't be stuck on the road for too long again while waiting for the go (green) signal to appear. I swear this won't happen again. (Haha)

Candy-colored sky.

After my driving lesson, my sister (with me along) and her best friend met at IT Park for our planned photo shoot. But because the moon gradually took over the sky (and my camera doesn't work well with dim backlight), we've decided to have our dinner in a secluded place for an entirely new ambiance. That's when I thought of Cadi Shack (yes, I'm going there again for the 4th time).

Cadi Shack:

My sissy with her model-ish pose.

It was actually their first time to dine in there, so it was my so-called duty to explain to them what kind of meal they serve, how big their viands are, and so on. They were amused with the retro aura as they pushed the glass door inside, just like how my first reaction was back when I first visited the place.

An actual Cadillac

If you've read my previous post (click here if you haven't), then you'll exactly have an idea as to why there's a Cadillac displayed inside the glass wall. Anyway, I grabbed the opportunity to take a picture of it this time so you can see where they displayed the Cadillac.

Sister and her best friend, Phoebe.

My models (haha). Since today's photo shoot was a failure, they've decided to pursue the shoot next week.

Chicken Quesadilla for Php. 160.00.

It was my first time to try this out and I loved it to bits! The tomato salsa was perfect for my picky tongue. Two thumbs up for this!

Spicy Squid for Php. 200.00.

My sister's order. This one's a challenging meal, I tell you. If you're as adventurous as my sister, then this meal is suitable for you... or you can pick other menus available will red chili symbol beside the meal's name.

Pasta Casanova for Php. 180.00.

For the three of us. As for this, the serving was just right and the pasta itself wasn't that greasy. I'm contented with this, so are they.

Herb Crusted Fish for Php. 200.00.

Ate Phoebe's order. I rarely feel the fish meat every time I encounter this kind of viand. Honestly, this one's different from other fish fillets I've tasted. You can really savor and appreciate the fish meat itself, not the crispy starch.

Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce for Php. 175.00.

My order. I liked how they prepared the sauce and the cabbage, but I find the chicken a bit dry. Nonetheless, it's still chewable and tolerable. The only meal I regretted most was their Chicken wraps. Absolutely a no-no for me!

Sprockets:

After Cadi Shack, we headed to Sprockets (located near Parklane Hotel) for 3/4 of our dinner (I'm referring to desserts this time).

A wall full of photographs.

The place was unexpectedly crowded (or maybe I'm just too dumb not to know about their crowded-hour - don't mind my experimental term), but we insisted to stay anyway, hoping that there are still vacant seats. We went inside, flummoxed as to where we should sit since there were a lot of people around. Thankfully, there was this vacant cozy table right beside the films that were displayed for sale. I really do have a reason to visit that place again!

Sissy holding the menu list.

Sissy's best friend, Phoebe, holding the menu list.

Don't worry, I'm used to my job as a photographer now. I love taking pictures more than posing for the camera. So yeah, don't fret. 

Molten Choco Lava for Php. 150.00.

Uhm, okay. So they hurriedly prepared this so they can serve it right away. I'm slightly disappointed with how they presented their dessert to us. Oh well, at least the taste did the trick. So yeah, passable.

French Vanilla Milk Tea (Tall) for Php. 90.00.

I'm not a fan of milk teas, but their milk tea wasn't that bad. You even have the option to choose the amount of sugar (in percentage) you want for your milk tea. 0% for diabetic, 50% just right, 75%, and 100%.

For my verdict, I'm giving them an 8/10. The place's just too crowded, thus losing the essence of comfort. Another factor would be the poor presentation of their dessert. I'm not greatly bothered by it, since I know the staffs there are having a hard time accommodating almost everyone there in less than a minute or two.

By the way, I'd like to thank Ate Phoebe for treating us today. I'm really grateful by her kindness. Seriously, I'm not expecting for something in return. All I wanted was to shoot for experience. But really, I'm beyond thankful for the treat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment