26 October 2015

October Weekend Get-Away: Moalboal

It's truly an advantage to be living in a place surrounded by bodies of water and mountains since get-aways are much easier to plan. If you seek for an extraordinary adventure, canyoneering is always open for you to avail; if you want to unwind at the beach, variety of resorts are much willing to welcome you; if you don't want any adventure related to water, mountain climbing in Osmeña Peak is ready for you to explore.


Whichever your preference is, you can always go and plan with your friends given that you have the time and budget in doing so... and don't forget the good weather, of course.

Since the typhoon already left the country, my cousins, including my boyfriend, and I pursued our long-time plan of going to Basdaku, Moalboal for an overnight stay. I heard some good feedbacks about Basdaku, so why not see it for myself?

We departed at 7 A.M. and arrived in Basdaku, Moalboal at around 11 A.M. We immediately looked for an affordable room to stay overnight. Good thing my cousin found the place where they stayed with his colleagues weeks prior to our trip. I failed to take a picture of our room, but I swear it's spacious enough for us to place our things without blocking our way and move around without bumping each other. 

We ate our lunch and waited until 4 in the afternoon since it was too hot outside and we needed rest from our long trip.


Since the heat was already bearable, we've decided to go out of the room and enjoy the calm water. I badly needed this moment away from work-related stress.


Just look at how serene the view is. Can I just pack my things, go to the beach, and experience this impeccable moment again?


I immediately took photos of the beautiful sunset since I can hardly encounter views like this one in the city and posed behind it for the sake of having at least a single remembrance of this precious moment.


It was getting darker and we were getting hungry, so we prepared our dinner and jammed with my boyfriend's close friends from Moalboal.

At night, stargazing is my favorite thing to do whenever I'm at the beach.


Here's a photo of how the beach looks like after the typhoon. Normally, you don't see those brown coconut shells around. Despite the trash (well, it's not disgusting since it's not human waste nor is it made of plastic and all other non-biodegradable items), people are still enjoying the saltwater.

Both my cousins and boyfriend went for one last dip before heading back to the city. On our way back to the populated slash polluted area of Cebu, we dropped by Milk Station in Barili for some ice cream and fresh milk. I got to taste (fresh) cow's milk, finally.


That ends my weekend get-away with the adventurous gang. See you again soon, Moalboal!

No comments:

Post a Comment