10 August 2015

See You Again, Summer!

Summer, as we all know, is the perfect time for get-aways with your family and friends. Instead of staring at the wall or facing your phones for hours, why not plan for an extremely fun adventures just to make your summer worthwhile?

I'm going to give you a glimpse of my adventures last April and May. It may be a bit too late to share this, but I still hope I can give you an idea as to where you can enjoy your summer slash semestral break (for this year).

1) Osmeña Peak, Dalaguete, Cebu
        April 10, 2015


While most people opted to mark the beginning of their summer with tan lines, my adventure buddies and I went on a colder, more adventurous route. Adventurous because we've decided to welcome our summer at the tallest peak of Cebu, Osmeña Peak.


Hello to short treks with almost zero visibility. The path to the peak wasn't really that difficult, but for someone with less exercise (due to laziness), climbing up there can be a bit dehydrating... and tiring.


Despite the not-so-short-nor-long walk, we still enjoyed the early morning trek plus the cold weather. It felt like we were in Baguio or in Sagada, hahaha. #ThatThingCalledTadhana


Reaching the top was all worth it, though we had to wait for an hour or so before we could fully appreciate the real highlight of this now-famous trekking spot due to the thick fog covering the entire area.


Happy faces because we just conquered Osmeña Peak. Time to tick this off our bucket list.

2) Tumalog Falls, Oslob
      April 10, 2015


After a tiring walk to the peak, we've decided to hit the cold water produced by this picturesque falls found in Oslob.


I guess you can't say no to this. The water's just too tempting to ignore, unless you're allergic to it.


Unplanned adventures oftentimes end up better than expected and our smiles can attest to that.


Before reaching the falls, we had to walk on a steep road since a one-way habal-habal ride costs Php. 20.00 per person and that would mean another expense for us. 

Despite the tiring walk to the falls and back to where our ride was parked, we still find the unexpected visit to Tumalog falls worth it.

3) Budyong Beach Resort, Sante Fe, Bantayan Island
      April 27-28, 2015


You can never let your summer pass by without dipping yourself in the sea and without those tan lines. Never mind the uneven skin tone, just go for the waves!

Bantayan Island is well-known for its crystal clear water and white sands and being a resident of Cebu, I can't afford not to set foot on this island.


There are several resorts available in Sante Fe, but since my aunt's acquainted with the owner of Budyong Beach Resort, we chose to settle overnight there, though it was almost a total fail for us. Hahaha.


I just can't get enough of the sand bar! Too beautiful! I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling giddy about this, hahaha.


I see blue hues everywhere! It's such an eye candy for someone who loves the said color. ;)


It was, indeed, a successful trip, though we almost didn't get to have a room since all rooms were already reserved when we contacted the resort. Even so, everything went well and good thing two of my cousins brought with them their tents.

4) Judee's Condo By The Beach, Amisa Residences, Lapu-Lapu
     May 3, 2015


No nature, extreme adventures, and piranha gang this time. Of course, being at work means stress and because it's summer, everyone deserves a break – that includes people working in the hospital.


It was my colleague who suggested this place for our outing since it's accessible, away from the crowd, and cheaper. No complains, though. The place is truly magnificent!


It's actually my first summer outing with these people and I must say, I had fun with them. 

One disadvantage I can think of when you're working in a hospital is that you don't get to enjoy team buildings together. Sad truth.


Obligatory #ootd, hahaha. Just kidding! We had the pool to ourselves during this time, hence the shameless pose, hahaha.

So that sums up my summer 2015. I hope you enjoyed reading my long overdue post!

No comments:

Post a Comment