07 March 2015

Spice Up Your Day At Gibb's Hot Wings

I never thought that chicken wings (hot wings, specifically) would become an uprising trend here in the city. Being a constant lover of drumstick, entering in a restaurant that offers nothing but wings is a challenge I dare to accept. Bring it on, wings! Bring. It. On. (*Insert muscle emoji here*)


While waiting for our food, I overheard the owner and a customer who is seated right across our table talking about the restaurant and how the owner ended up with the name "Gibb". I'm the kind of person who doesn't interact much with strangers, so it was somehow a chance for me to listen to the owner narrating the story of his restaurant.


Based from what I've heard, the owner originally planned of naming the restaurant "Frank",  but his wife contradicted his plan since there's an existing food establishment named "Monster Frank". His son, if I'm not mistaken, thought of naming their restaurant after their dog. This idea was accepted by his dad slash the owner and is now a name everyone's been crazing about.

P.S. After reading other blogs, I just found out that the owner's name is Frank Oliva. I guess that answers the question of how he came up with the name "Frank".

Potato Wedges (Php. 80.00) | Hot Wings for levels 1-3 (Php. 175.00)

The first time I got there, they didn't have Potato Wedges available, so I couldn't either attest or contradict my friends' various opinion about this. Luckily during my second visit, we went by the place earlier, so we were able to find a table without a sweat and order their Potato Wedges. After grabbing a bite of one of their best-selling appetizer, I'm giving it a two thumbs up!

As for their specialty, who wouldn't want to crave for more? (Now, I want to eat there again)

My friends, who're fond of spicy-flavored food, went for level 3, also known as insanely hot. During my first try together with ze boyfriend and his classmates, we had level 1 (hot), 2 (original), and house blend juice served in a pitcher (Php. 125.00). You can also ask for water (which is for free, by the way) if you don't find their juice enough to calm your burning tongue down.

P.P.S. Their levels 4 and 5 hot wings are priced separately.

Just like their Potato Wedges, I'm also giving their hot wings a two thumbs up! As for their rice, I think they need to work on their serving size since it's too small for Php. 20.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment