07 November 2014

We're Back, Leyte!

True, I haven't blogged for a very long time due to the fact that I'm constantly searching for life outside the four corners of my secret hideout, a.k.a my room. Now that I'm back to the kind of life I normally do, I sort of miss those carefree times I've spent with my cousins and the adopted piranha, my boyfriend in Leyte.

Apparently, I don't own a spell that casts time reversion nor do I have a time machine to bring me back to those days, but I do have the power to recall those precious moments I've spent with them. 



What keeps me (or us) craving for this place is the calmness it instills. Seeing this view after two years made me appreciate simple things even more. I'm just glad the people residing in the barrio where our mom or dad grew up kept the place the way it was before, except for the cemented road to the beach. 



DAY 1:

And as usual, we arrived in our lola's house with less than two hours of sleep (sleepless for some), had early breakfast, and immediately went out to witness the beautiful sunrise at the beach and look for some sea urchins and starfishes.

After spending an hour at the beach, we went home to catch some sleep. That's for our first morning in Leyte.

Tatay Ade's Beach Resort, Buscayan

Our first afternoon in Leyte was spent at the beach, again. Same saltiness, same sky, but different barrio. The boys actually enjoyed swimming with their goggles and snorkels on, though the sea level was only below their knees. #opps

We ended the day with card games, some drinks, and chit-chats. Nothing special, really, but still memorable for us.

DAY 2:

Let's just say, day two is much enticing to blog about than day one since we visited two new places. 



Another day, another breathtaking view to witness and I thank God for giving us such opportunity to see such picturesque sight right before our very eyes. 

The shrine is, indeed, a spectacular sight you wouldn't want to miss if you wish to pay a visit to Maasin. The aftermath of our long walk didn't turn out pretty good, but the pain was actually all worth it.

Our Lady of the Assumption Shrine, Maasin

After we successfully climbed up the stairs with steps not less than 200, we went to the chapel to give our personal intentions.

Next stop of our trip was the relaxing, cold water of Banahaw spring in Maasin.

Banahaw Spring, Maasin

It wasn't the first time my younger cousins, who've managed to spend post-Christmas in Leyte last 2012, visited this place. It was such a waste of money and time, as what they've quoted, since the place was too crowded for them to swim around. Thankfully that time, it wasn't as crowded as how some of my cousins described it.

We've never toured around Southern Leyte back then for reasons like our parents not allowing us to travel on our own because they think we're too young for it and the inevitable rainy weather. That explains why this trip is very much memorable for all of us, most especially to my boyfriend, who've never set foot in Leyte ever since.

And then again, we spent the night playing cards, some alcoholic drinks, and chit-chats.

DAY 3:

Definitely the last and the most anticipating part of our 3-day trip. I've read good reviews about Canigao Island and since it was very much possible for us to visit the place ourselves, my cousins and I decided to include this in our plan.

Matalom, Leyte

Though this plan went a bit rocky at first, we still did the best we could just to pursue this outing. Gladly, everything went well in the end. Thank you to our aunt, who is residing in Leyte, for allowing us to spend our last day of mini vacation in Canigao Island and to God, of course, for the good weather.

Canigao Island

This beautiful paradise did meet my expectations. I felt really excited the moment I saw the island at a closer range. The crystal clear water, fine white sand – these are exactly what I've longed for years. 

While touring the place, we arrived at the untouched portion of the island and witnessed tons of corals and fishes. It's off-limits to tourists so as not to accidentally break the corals and honestly, I'm glad they've imposed this rule.


We left the place at around 4 in the afternoon. The only downside I can think of this place is their poor water supply. But overall, we did enjoy our Canigao Island adventure and we're pretty happy, as well, since we've got another story to tell when we get back to our hometown.

The moment we arrived home, we packed our things and still played cards, drank adobado (tuba) this time, and had chit-chats about our trip.

The next day, on our way to the pier, a surprising event came along. We got soaked in the rain, including our bags! It was too funny that my cousin documented such unexpected event in her iPhone. I'm glad she did, so we'll have something to look back in the future.


That ends our 3-day vacation. I'm sure 2014 will always be a memorable year for my cousins and I since it's the first time we've travelled to Leyte without our parents with us.

See you again soon, Leyte!

No comments:

Post a Comment