25 August 2013

Annyeong Haseyo: Embracing the Korean Cuisine

Before I start, I'd like to apologize again for abandoning my blog for a month. I don't think I still owe you guys an explanation since you've been reading the same reason ever since I started out this blog, haha.

Despite leaving this blog unattended for quite some time, I've still managed to food hop from time to time; all thanks to my friends who're very much enthusiastic in terms of food!

1) Yum Yum Baboy (Closed)



I've seen the name before (since I'm an occasional visitor of Lahug), but never did I recognize the place as a Korean restaurant until a classmate of mine introduced this place to us. As much as I want to share my wonderful experiences in Lahug, I don't think now's the perfect time to list everything, knowing this post is lengthy. Probably next time, I hope.



After my first attempt of dining at a certain Korean restaurant a year ago, I went out disappointed since we had to pay almost Php. 1,000.00 over something we didn't appreciate (small serving and limited side dish, meh!). Even with my awful experience in the past, I still gave in and hoped for a better dining experience this time.

Side dishes: free; Samgyeopsal: Php 150.00; Rice: Php 28.00

I was really amused when I heard the waitress say that their side dishes are served for free -- and unlimited, too.

Well, I'm proud to say that I just had a change of heart the very moment I grabbed a bite of their meal. I love the place, the food, and their service. I'm definitely recommending this place to all Korean enthusiasts out there! You can find YYB right across JY Square Mall (SSY commercial building).

**Note: YYB offers 15% discount from 11 A.M - 3 P.M. Rice and drinks (apart from their water, which is given for free) are not included. 

Note as of 12/4/13: Just knew recently that they've decided to close their shop. :(

2) Pearl Meat Shop

If you're from Cebu and you're fond of Korean cuisine, I'm sure you've already heard of this place.

Samgyeopsal: Php. 160.00

Just like YYB, they also have Samgyeopsal cut in thick or thin slices and all other menus you normally see in a Korean restaurant.



The only disadvantage I can think of this place is their rice. Php. 50.00 for a bowl of brown rice? Don't you think it's too expensive knowing that it's not as big as you expect it to look like?

Despite their expensive rice, I still love the place very much. I find the place so comfortable since you can choose to squat with your friends or just sit on the chair like the usual.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Love ur blog! :) Continue the blog lovin and hope we can food hop together soon. Okay ra? :)


    JM Genobaña
    mytastefullife.blogspot.com
    jmgenobana@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there, Joyceren! Salamat sa comment. Sure, that would be awesome! :)

      Delete