14 October 2012

Yesterday: Cebu's Original Lechon Belly

Yesterday was another heck of a day for me. It wasn't only tiring, but also mind-wrecking. I don't want to mention it publicly since it's somewhat funny, yet exasperating. Okay, I don't exactly know how to formally begin this. I'll just be showing you a picture, perhaps?

Cebu's original lechon belly: Original flavor

Starting off with a picture isn't a bad idea after all. Maybe I should do this more often, so I'll be guided with the flow of my entry. 

We had half kilo of lechon belly for dinner. It's not just some belly; it's boneless and really flavorful, I tell you. I like the spicy-flavored lechon better than the original one, but since everyone in this house despises ultra spicy foods, mom decided to bring home the original-flavored one, instead.

I'll be showing you pictures of the belly I took sometime this year (I think this was taken days before my boyfriend and Lloyd's birthday) while dining at their semi-permanent spot in Parkmall.

Lechon belly: Original flavor (front), spicy flavor (rear).

Puso for Php. 5.00.

I think they've recently set a new deal in regards to their puso. Like buying three (3) for (insert amount here) pesos. I don't know. I haven't visited the place for quite sometime now.

Original-flavored lechon belly.

To minimize such nauseous feeling after eating such oily food, I suggest you focus on the spicy-flavored belly more since the spiciness of the food helps you in neutralizing the oiliness of the food or reducing such disgusting feeling. However you explain that. Pardon for the stupid logic. Well, it works for me and I guess there's no harm in sharing my secret to you guys... or what?

It's very affordable and sulit. The price of the belly is based on kilos, while refreshments are sold for Php. 20.00. It's not that extraordinary, yet sill I recommend you to try this once in awhile, especially if you're residing outside Cebu.

And before I forget, instead of providing you with spoon and fork, they'll provide you with disposable plastic gloves (just an ordinary plastic, but specially designed for your fingers to fit in) for you to experience how to eat the Filipino way.

No comments:

Post a Comment