26 October 2012

STK Ta Bay!

STK: Sugba, Tuwa, Kilaw

STK Ta Bay sa Paolito's Seafood House, I believe, is one of the most well-known dining places in the city for its museum-like ambiance and affordable food rates. They offer Filipino cuisines, mainly seafoods and some exotic food like pawikan (turtle) and eel.

Bird of I don't know what type.

It was around 5 o'clock in the afternoon when we arrived the place. Everyone was still cleaning and preparing the tables inside, so we waited until they're ready to serve their customers. Thank goodness it wasn't raining that time or we would've gone somewhere else.

Dining table

We took pictures and made fun of each other while waiting for their opening time. I badly miss those fun times with my friends. Good thing I was able to experience it again after a long time, but apparently, some of my friends were missing in action. Sad, but I'm sure there's always a next time for us to be reunited.

Taken from the outside, thus the gleaming of the glass window

Sto. Niño all over

If it wasn't for those other customers coming in and out of the door, we would've waited a bit longer since no one from the staffs ushered us into their dining area. I'm sure they're aware of our presence there since we've been asking some of them if we could settle down inside. Geez. At least, their antique-looking-house-turned-restaurant diverted my attention or I could've cursed them for being snobbish (haha, joke).

Some old stuffs

I was really amused by their vintage decorations. From religious icons to antique musical instruments; believe me, if it wasn't for the dining tables and the waiters, I would've mistakenly thought of this place as a museum.

Another set of vintage things

The challenging part of this experience was sorting out the best menu. Seriously, there were a lot of varieties to choose from! We wasted almost 10 minutes choosing the best among the rest.

Mixed Sinigang for Php. 155.00.

The sinigang wasn't that sour nor bland. It was well-suited for my taste!

Fried Shrimps in Garlic Sauce (platter) for Php. 205.00.

These mouthwatering shrimps were too flavorful to ignore!

Tuna belly for Php. 300.00. 

It was scrumptious, yes, but a bit pricey for its size.

Refreshing Lemonade Pitcher for Php. 120.00 each.

Pork Barbecue for Php. 15.00 each.

Just your ordinary pork barbecue served in moderate size. Nothing special, really.

Garlic rice (platter) for Php. 120.00.

I've got no complaints in regards to their food and serving size, but I do feel bothered by their front area and staffs. The front area looks a bit untidy and crowded for me. The staffs, on the other hand, don't look approachable at all. I've never seen them smile nor heard them greet when we entered the place.

If you wish to visit the place with your friends or family, I suggest that you should bring your own car or ride a taxi (most especially at night) since the place is a bit far from the busy road of CDUH. They're located along Orchid Street, Capitol site.

No comments:

Post a Comment