20 October 2012

Café Georg

Right after the photo shoot, my sister, Phoebe, and I went straight to La Maison Rose (The Pink House Mansion) for dinner.

Entrance

It was originally an old house guarded by a caretaker before it was converted into a fine dining restaurant earlier this year. I remember how creepy this house looked like before it was reconstructed into something as elegant and enticing as this.

Fountain

I don't know if some decorations there were as antique as the house or good as brand new. Anyway, the exterior design greatly resembles that of Renaissance era.

Sadly, all seats were reserved, so we headed directly to The Ranch. Unluckily, the place was also fully occupied mostly by foreigners and our plan C (30 Kitchen) was out of business, so the last option we had was Café Georg.

If you want to dine at La Maison Rose, you should make reservations ahead since they can only accommodate up to 40 customers inside. They're open from 12:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M, then from 6:30 P.M. to 1:00 A.M.

Café Georg logo.

It was around 7 o'clock in the evening when we arrived the place and thank goodness there were still vacant seats near the glass door.

Cute decors

Spot McDonalds and his friends.

Menu

"Once Upon a Pork". This name plus Johnny Depp's name caught my attention, so I went for it.

Some cute porcelains.

Chandeliers

Taking pictures while waiting for the food. A great idea to shoo away boredom and hunger.

Once Upon a Pork for Php. 240.00. It comes with rice.

My order.  I was really expecting for a better presentation of my food, but I guess they want to settle for a simpler design to save time.

Korean-Style Beef Briskets for Php. 285.00

My sister's order. I liked this better than my food.

Chicken Pot Pie for Php. 210.00.

Ate Phoebe's order. The taste was amaze-balls. How I wish I had this, instead.

Sad to say, I wasn't happy with my food. The meal I ordered tasted a bit bland (but good thing it was sliceable and chewable) and the way they presented their food didn't match with the ambiance. (Haha) Weird, but I usually correlate the way a fine dining restaurant present their food with the place's ambiance. Anyway, their serving size was more than enough that we had to bring home some.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't try this place out. Actually, they have a lot of customers coming in and out almost every time, which means their food is still worth the bucks. My sister and her friend enjoyed their food, so that goes to show how uniquely different our taste buds are. I didn't appreciate my order, but doesn't mean you won't either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment