21 September 2012

Sam's 50s Diner

My boyfriend actually introduced this place to me when he saw one of his friends tagging her instagram photo with "Sam's 50s Diner". By its name alone, you can already guess how the place looks like inside. And no, I'm not disappointed at all.

Retro-inspired decors

As we got inside the place, I immediately felt like I was transported back in 1950s.




While looking around the place, I noticed that most of the customers around are from CDU. I'm not even surprised, haha. The place is merely beside the school, so why shouldn't the people from the said university invade this place?

It's a good decision to open this kind of business, though, especially now that people are willing to splurge their money on food.

Choco a-la mode for Php 65.00.

Burger and fries for Php 50.00.

Good thing they're mainly targeting students and not some rich foodie enthusiasts who can afford a 1k+ meal in one go. Now, that would be scary if they opt to overprice everything.

Some cool retro frames.

Never mind the poor angle of this photo. I'd rather save my soul than push everyone away while taking several shots of a... wall.

French fries is, well, everyone's favorite snack or appetizer... when it's hot and crispy. Apparently, they gave us a cold and slightly mushy-looking french fries. Now, that's a no-no. Their patty wasn't that good, either. It was served cold and less tender. At least, their Choco ala mode (Php. 65.00) left a satisfactory taste on my tongue — good enough to save me from major disappointment.

Don't worry, I'm sure there's still room for improvement and I believe the owner or anyone in-charge of this restaurant is versatile enough to improve what needs to be improved.

Transportation in coming here would be 01K from SM. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire! This is Paolo Berdin. I'm Sam's best friend and I used to manage the diner before I left for an internship in another part of the world. I still like to check up on the diner though, especially since I had so much fun while I was working there.

    Thank you for your comments, and I will make sure that this reaches the diner staff. As for the burger patties, they became sort of rubbery when we changed our ground beef supplier. I raised this concern to Sam's parents, and now we're getting our beef from where we originally got it, so the patties should be much better now.

    I'm glad you enjoyed the dessert. That was actually my personal contribution to the menu. Haha.

    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day, Sir Paolo! It's very surprising to see a close friend of Sam reading this eerie blog of mine! Thank you very much for reading my lousy blog (I reread my blog from time to time since I don't usually check my entry before posting it, so pardon me for my grammatical errors - in case you've encountered some).

    Thank you very much for responding to one of my greatest concerns. I'm hoping for a better patty the next time I dine in there with my friends. :)

    I really did enjoy it and woah, it was your contribution? Glad to know! :)

    You're welcome and God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete